We have another wonderful workshop coming up as part of our SAILing into the future! series. This time we hear again from the humorous, endlessly positive Mary Helen Conroy and her friend Galen Metz. The workshop is called Life’s A Daring Adventure – Carpe Vitam!
This month’s innovative workshop is for persons looking to review, retreat, and reinvent their lives. We will discuss the life issues surrounding one’s next chapter. Whether you’re looking to retire or just put some pizazz into your current life, this workshop is for you. We will create a small group learning environment, a safe place of community to renew and reinvigorate your life and plan your next phase.
Five great reasons to attend:
- You’ll come away with a framework to help guide your plan for your next chapter. Not just an idea, but an actual foundation for the next step!
- You’ll gain help in making the first, sometimes unnerving, decision to write your next chapter. What does this “next chapter” mean for you? Whatever it is, it can be scary or daunting. Mary Helen and Galen are here to help.
- You’ll have a better understanding of change and transition in your life. This is something we can use at every stage of life, and you can pass it on to your loved ones! Transitions are tough, but this workshop will help you navigate them with less stress.
- You’ll leave with an action plan and the support to make it happen. A specific plan to make the next chapter of your life the best chapter: Perfect for what we do here at SAIL!
- You’ll have fun along the way. Trust us, Mary Helen and Galen will definitely enrich your soul with a good laugh…or seven!
Mary Helen Conroy has been a popular SAIL speaker. Her motto is “Life’s a Daring Adventure and you’re not done yet!” Her experiences as a professional librarian, adult education professor, and sales director have combined to assist hundreds of adults to know that if they’re not dead, they’re not done! She is the best-selling author of the Itty Bitty Retirement Book (2017).
Galen Metz, is a Madison author, speaker, consultant, magician, and retired healthcare Chief Information Officer of Group Health Cooperative in Madison. His latest book is Unlock the Secrets of Retirement (2018).
Mary Helen Conroy and Galen Metz have worked together to design this program which will provide you the strategies to plan your life and the inspiration to make it happen. We hope you’ll be able join them as they share their information in a thoughtful and even magical way.
Date: Tuesday, August 27, 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: Oakwood Village Heritage Oaks, Westmorland/Nakoma Room
Cost: $10 for Full SAIL Members, $20 for Associate SAIL Members, $30 for Non-members. Price includes materials and lunch. Non-members can apply their workshop fee to a membership if they wish to join SAIL.
To register, contact SAIL at 230-4321 or click here to register online.