Has anyone ever told you you’re a great writer? Have your kids told you they’d love to know more about your memories? Have you wanted to start keeping a journal of your day’s activities, or do you currently keep one? Or have you ever just had that itch to tell your story on paper? Many of us have had this feeling, but sometimes it can be hard to get going.
Hearthside Senior Living in Tennessee has a great page of writing prompts for senior citizens, and we encourage you to grab your computer, typewriter, or a pen and paper and have fun answering them! They can be journal entries just for you, or you can share them with whomever you choose. Best of all, writing keeps minds sharp at any age, and sometimes as you’re writing you discover something new about yourself!
The full list of questions can be found by clicking here. Here are a few great ones to start with:
- What current event or issue do you feel very strongly about, and why?
- Finish this thought: “Nobody knows that I _________.” Then tell the story!
- When in your life did you feel most proud?
- What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
- What places have you most enjoyed visiting?
There are dozens of questions to choose from on this page. So get ready to tell your story…even if it’s just for you!