By Marketing Coordinator Meghan Randolph
No matter what age we are, it’s always good to keep the mind on its toes…(or something like that…maybe I need to look into some of these!)
This terrific list from a senior living facility in Chicago gives a list of fun and productive ways to keep those wheels turning.
- Crosswords, Sudoku, and other newspaper puzzles. You can find these in the paper and also can often find similar puzzles online by Googling them! (Newspaper print is getting awfully small these days!)
- Luminosity or Memorado. Online sites that stimulate different areas of the brain with interactive puzzles. Luminosity charges a small fee, and Memorado is free.
- Chess, Checkers, and Backgammon. Strategy is everything!
- Board games in general. Classics like Scrabble and Monopoly increase vocabulary and math skills and are lots of fun.
- The Grocery List Game: A fun game to play next time you’re with a group of friends.
Check out the article here, and suggestions for keeping your mind sharp!